When In Rome has a plethora of noticeable stars that appear in small to large roles throughout the movie. I was skeptical about the movie before I went, but the broad range of noticeable faces and characters helped keep the movie away from a 100% fairy-tale chick-flick.
The movie begins by following the life of a single, yet good-looking girl, Beth (Kristen Bell) as she devotes everything to her work as a museum curator. Her sister tells her that she is getting married in a few days after meeting a guy 2 weeks ago on an airplane and that the Beth is the Maid-of-Honor in the wedding which is being held in Rome. After the wedding and meeting the Best Man, Nick (Josh Duhamel) with whom she falls for, she takes 5 coins from the "fountain of love" outside of the chapel. This action causes the people who owned the coins to fall head over heels in love with her and did everything they could to be with her because of the spell. Most of the movie consists of her running away from all these men, except for one... the one she loves. She finally figures out how to break the spell, but doesn't know if she should do it.
There is a lot of funny dialogue between the characters, which kept it somewhat entertaining, but the movie was very predictable. I think the director could have done a lot better job of selling part of the main plot and keeping it hidden from the audience til the climax of the story.
The target audience of the movie will be pleased... I asked all the females that I was with; they liked it. Its a romantic comedy, although I prefer to call it a chick-flick. Guys, if you get dragged along by your significant other, you will survive. Just demand another movie soon to regain your man card! :)
The appearances from a lot of famous co-stars including Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite) helped give this movie a slightly better review, but the movie still lacked a lot of things that would make it a good romantic comedy and for that, I give it a 2 stars out of 5. Definitely one to wait til it comes out on DVD, unless you have nothing to do and can make a Matinee.
No comments:
Post a Comment