Well, it's been a while since I have reviewed a movie, so tonight is a good night to start back.
In Date Night, Phil and Claire Foster (Steve Carell and Tiny Fey) are just an ordinary couple who come into contact with extraordinary circumstances. While on a nice date in New York City, the Foster's take someone else's reservations at an upscale restaurant and that decision dictates the rest of their evening. With mobsters and cops chasing after them, their only hope is to find what they are all looking for and return it to them before they catch up and take their lives. Will they put all the puzzle pieces together in time?
I enjoyed this movie. The acting was pretty good. Steve Carell usually can't let you down as far as his comedy and he definitely did a good job with this movie. It kept you laughing almost non-stop. I liked how the writers put together a good combination of funny and serious scenes, while allowing the plot to continue.
There was a good number of recognizable faces in this movie, which I liked. Mark Wahlberg (Shooter), James Franco (Spiderman), William Fichtner (Prison Break and The Longest Yard), Will.i.am even made a short cameo appearance.
There was quite a long scene that took place in what was supposed to be an adult club or a stripper club, however, you never saw any nudity. Because of this scene tho, it definitely isn't for the kids. There is also a few scenes where the characters are exchanging insults and the insults become pretty crude, but it was done for the comedic effect.
The ending was a little odd and difficult to completely figure out how it got to that point, but my guess is that there was a deleted scene that explains this and it was deleted by the director post-production in an effort to shorten or keep the film running smoothly. I always hate it when you get the DVD and watch the deleted scenes and feel like soo much of the plot was left out because of the removal of the scene ro partial scene!
Overall, I liked the movie! It's not a "thinking" movie, just there for a good laugh. I think it is worth a 4 out of 5 star rating and a solid movie to go see sometime. Don't buy it though (will be a while for the DVD, bc it was just released to theaters in the US on 4/10), just go see it; it will make for a good Date Night! (Pun Intended)
No comments:
Post a Comment