Sunday, July 25, 2010

Into the Deep Blue Sea

Block 4 is over! It was a pretty good block! I aced Anatomy and I'm in good position in both Anatomy and Histo going into the last block of exams (which are cumulative) and makes up about 32% of our grade! Block 5 in Anatomy is only 16% just like a regular test, but then we have to take the NBME shelf exam 2 days later that is 20% of our grade.

I spent the first half of the weekend finishing up my Scuba Diving certification. Saturday morning we went to the pool and finished the rest of the closed water skill checks and then went out diving in the afternoon. We went to Ladder Labyrinth and Hot Springs for our two dives and when we surfaced on the second one... we were officially certified divers (minus the paperwork). It was awesome! On our first dive, after doing some of the skill checks, we were exploring around and happened upon a nurse shark sitting in the sand. My buddy saw it first and quickly showed me, which was funny because since you can't talk while you are underwater, I had to picture what his reaction would have been if he could!

On our second dive, we saw another nurse shark swimming around and it was soon joined by another nurse shark. Of course they were curious who we were and came over by us! It was awesome! One of them starting chewing on one of my friends fin then came over and tried to hide under mine! The other one swam so close to me that i just reached out and touched the dorsal fin!!!

This isn't the shark we saw, but it looked just like it! It was so cool! 


It's crunch time for school... we have 2 weeks and then finals are here! I'm ready for it to be over so that I can have a break! That 2 week break is going to be amazing! I'm planning on playing some golf with my dad, going on a trip with friends to Branson, MO for one weekend, playing some spades, relaxing, and not doing anything school related! Oh yes... I can't forget one of the best things about going home.... Chick-fil-A!!!! If they opened a store on Saba, I think I could keep them in business by myself! haha

Well, I should probably go to bed so I can be well rested for the upcoming week and the beginning of the crunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment