It is, what it is...
Finals are upon us. Studying is starting to drive me crazy! Had our final lab exam yesterday... SOOO great to be done with that! It went pretty well. I made some stupid mistakes, part because I didn't think a couple ?'s thru well enough, one or two because the second question threw me off. Overall, I passed it (I hope anyway) and that takes a lot of the pressure off for the theory exam for Anatomy. We have Anatomy on Monday from 3-5 (cumulative... with an emphasis on what we just recently completed and haven't been tested on) and then we have our cumulative Histology exam from 6-8 on Monday.
Yes. The admin must hate us for scheduling our exams like that. Same day and one from 6-8?!?!? Really?
I'm worried about Histo. Everyone keeps telling us that this final is a sleeper test. Its 50 ?'s from the block 5 material and 50 cumulative images where we have to answer questions from the pictures. Sounds easy enough, but apparently it isn't! Sooo, I'm devoting almost all of my weekend to Histo... focusing mostly on the new material because that is half of the test.
I am so sick of Histo slides and the weekend isn't even half over yet! (Which is a good thing and a bad thing all at once)
I've studied hard for Anatomy all last week, so I'm not focusing on it as much. The Anatomy exam is 16% of our grade and then on Thursday morning we have the NBME shelf exam which is 20% of our grade and is supposed to bump everyones grades up because they prepare us sooo well for it. Basically we learn everything so in depth that each individual class has consistently scored multiple points over the average for US med schools. I guess that is the reason that we have been pushed sooo hard over the past 3 months!
Speaking of which... I better get back to studying! 1 week from today I will be on my way HOME! Can't wait to see my family and friends! That is gonna be the shortest 2 weeks of my life!
P.S. This is what I have been looking at for the past 3 weeks... fun stuff!

lol, that pic looks really familiar
ReplyDeleteSo it's a really good thing I'm not in medical school bc those pictures look like abstract art to me.. Ha!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you made it home safely!! Good luck peeling moms arms away from you in about two weeks ;-) Love you and am so proud of you!! *hugs*