Break was really good! Started it off with vacation with my family and then was home for almost all the rest of it. Had a wonderful Christmas and was able to hang out with my sis and bro-in-law for almost a week which was great! Went duck hunting with my bro-in-law and shot my first duck ever! So much fun! Enjoyed getting together with friends, both old and new! So many people I haven't seen in a while and was great catching up with them!
Sad part of it was saying goodbye to 2 of my best friends for the past 2 years, Jeremy and Bridget. Jeremy got a new job in Mississippi and him and Bridget moved down there right after I got home from school, so I was only able to see them for one day before they left. :( You can still come back Mississippi!!!!! ;)
The end of my break consisted of one of the highlights and then contained the low-lights of my vacation. My dad got me tickets to go to the Cotton Bowl where Arkansas whoooooped up on the Big 12 Kansas State! WOO PIG! Unfortunately, I picked up some baaaaaad food poisoning that afternoon of the game, so about halfway thru it, I couldn't enjoy it as much as I wished. Drove home the next day still feeling queazy, but made it home. The following day was when I was SUPPOSED to leave to head back to school, with a stop in Dallas to spend the night before finishing the journey the following morning. Welllllll, American Airlines had other plans for me and decided it wouldn't be a big deal if they cancelled my flight (which coincidentally was the last flight) from Fort Smith to Dallas about an hour and a half before I was supposed to leave. Therefore, my connection that left at 5:45am from Dallas would be missed and the trickle down effect continued all the way thru to Statia. So, leaving at 10:45 the next day from Fort Smith didn't put me into St. Maarten til 9 o'clock, just in time to not come even close to catching the last flight to Statia. So, yay for me..I get to spend a night in St. Maarten and fly standby for the whole day the following day because missing my flight to Statia meant there were no seats open until 24 hours later. Ughhhh! Finally made it to Statia and went straight to school to avoid missing any more classes than I already did. Trust me... American will be receiving a bill for my hotel room and expenses for their flight cancellation. They will regret doing it for sure!
Other than that, I'm just glad to be back for my last semester. It was hard leaving home, but this semester was the easiest to leave because I knew that in just 3 short months, I would be getting on a plane, leaving this island FOR GOOD! I get to go home to my friends and family for the summer while I study for my first Board exam. Can't wait for that day to come... I've actually already started a countdown: 92 days! I can do this!!!
Here are a few pics from my break to share:
Busch Stadium... Home of the WORLD CHAMPION Cardinals!!!
My sis and bro-in-law in front of Busch Stadium with Stan Musial.
My Christmas present. Ruger 10/22 with scope. Love this thing! :)
This is sad, but the highlight of one of my days over break was getting First Aid and DIT workbooks spiral bound at FedEx Office! haha! Those will be my life for the next 6 months!
Day after Christmas, driving with the Top Down! Thanks to Marley for reminding me I could do such a thing... I've been away from my baby for too long when I forget these things! haha
Cowboy's stadium for the Cotton Bowl! Woo Pig Sooie!
D.J. Williams, former Razorback and current TE for the Packers, autographing my ticket for the game! :)
COTTON BOWL CHAMPS! WOO PIG!
Trophy time!
Next year... the Silver ball on the trophy will be replaced with a crystal ball; the BCS National Championship! GO HOGS!
And I can't leave you without this little gem from Jerry Jones. Out at the pep rally for the Hogs before the game, Jerry got up on stage to talk about the game. Here is a small clip that I recorded with my phone.
"Nothin gets me excited and makes me feel, as you can imagine, to have these Pigs playing in this place... This is a dream, we talked about it so many times. Wouldn't it be something, if we could build a great stadium and have the Arkansas Razorbacks come in here and kick people's ass???" ~Jerry Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment