Sunday, September 26, 2010

Seconds Semester, Block 1... CHECK!

Well, it has been a while since my last post, and rightfully so! Second semester is MUCH more busy than first semester! Having 4 classes (even though 1 of them is more or less a blow off class), as compared to 2 is quite a change! The extra time that I had last semester do a lot of stuff is not there anymore because in order to keep from falling behind, I have to put in more hours for the extra class-load!

We had our exams last Monday (3 big exams in one day is BRUTAL). And I'm sure next semester will be even worse! I passed all 3... not necessarily with flying colors, but I passed nonetheless. Our class hasn't faired great so far this semester, but it was just the first block. Gotta learn how the profs test and what not, so hopefully it isn't a lost cause for a lot of ppl. We started the semester with 67 people from our original class of 102. Before exams, we dropped down to 62 in every class and there have been several who are in a big hole after one exam and will end up dropping a class. That puts us sub-60! YIKES!

This weekend was a good weekend to relax for me! I went scuba diving on Saturday morning and we went to some of the best dive sites on Saba, called The Pinnacles, which are large rock formations that start about 1,000 ft below the surface and come up to about 100 ft. below. It was my first deep water dive and it was really cool! We could only stay on the bottom for about 15 mins to avoid having to decompress due to Nitrogen buildup, but it was still really neat! We dove at Third Encounter and then at Man Of War Shoals (about 80 ft deep). It was awesome... got to see a lot of cool fish and really colorful coral! We saw a nurse shark and some other people on our dive saw a Caribbean Reef Shark and a Black Tip shark, but I wasn't fortunate enough to see it!

Well, its been a long few weeks with all kinds of stuff going on, but like I said, I don't have a lot of free time and all the time I had this weekend was taken by Scuba and an SGA activity last night, so I'm behind on my studies!

OH, real quick, my scooter is STILL NOT HERE!!! I'm about to flip out because it was supposed to be here almost 2 weeks ago, but because of the hurricane and the lack of a work ethic by some of the people around SXM, it still isn't here. I got word that it is now on Statia (1 island closer) and should be here tomorrow (Monday). But I'm not holding my breath... I just REALLY want my own form of transportation so that I don't have to wait on the buses that drive me crazy a lot of times! I'll keep you updated on the scooter progress and have some pics once I get it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey You! Since I don't have facebook, I decided this is my best way to communicate with you =) Been praying for you this week. Hang in there! You're doing great! I just got off the phone with Lee and I'm supposed to tell you hi and that he's praying for you as well.

    Just think... only 72 days till Christmas!!!! =D Oh, and btw we are both supposed to be thinking about what we want for Christmas (per mother) Lol. Ohh and we are going to the Colip Christmas the weekend before Christmas! Just in case you had a sudden urge to know that tid-bit of info =) Try and keep your social calendar open that weekend ;-)

    Anyways, it's late and I have class in the morning *sigh* so I best get to bed...

    Miss you!!!! Can't wait to see you again!

    Love you lots!!

    Abbz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a new post. =)

    ReplyDelete