Well, it has been quite a long time since I have blogged. So much has happened in the last 6 months.
Long story short, I am currently on LOA from Saba and I am transferring to St. Eustatius (called Statia by the locals) starting in May. It was a tough decision, but after a miserable end to my last semester at Saba, I know that this is the best decision for me. I love all my friends from Saba and will miss them dearly, but the island and several issues with the administration and faculty at Saba just got to me mentally and I was very unhappy at the end of my second semester. I'm sure that if you talk to anyone who has been on the island more than 1 semester they will tell you they have had a similar experience, I just chose to get out of it because I didn't want to be unhappy for another year while I counted down the days.
Statia is an island that is close to Saba, but it is a larger island and not so much of a rock in the middle of the ocean. The school is smaller, but I know several people who transferred there from my class and they tell me that they have absolutely nothing bad to say about the school (quite a contrast to their views of Saba). One of my favorite things about the program is something called 5th @ Atlanta. I have the option to take my 5th semester classes in Atlanta, GA instead of on the island... who wouldn't want to do that?!? Now, I know you are saying... Colip, are you kidding me? You have the chance to live on a Caribbean island for another 3 months, are you crazy? If Statia is anything like Saba, its a neat place to visit, but living there is a whole different experience.
I've ridden out 1 category 4 hurricane and experienced all that I want to of that. Give me the classes and I'm out of there.
Well, thats all for now, I'll update more as the process gets closer, but for now, I'll be on Statia for classes starting on May 10!
\\//
No comments:
Post a Comment