This is an old one, but I just saw it for the first time and it is definitely worth a review!
Rudy (1993) is an inspirational story for anyone who dreams to do anything. Rudy Ruettiger (Sean Astin) is a small guy who has dreamed of playing for Notre Dame football since he was 5. The movie, which is based on a true story, starts out following Rudy as he grows up, plays high school football, graduates high school and begins working at his fathers iron business. He was never a smart kid, but everything he did, he put his best effort into. This effort will later be used for and against him as he continued to search for his dream.
Rudy was a great movie to watch. It definitely isn't a movie that you watch to be entertained or laugh hysterically the whole time. I don't wanna say the story is slow, but its not a fast, action packed movie. If you are not in the mood for a great, inspirational story, I would say... Put this one back in your stash til you are ready to watch one! You will enjoy it more then.
I really enjoyed the movie because it shows you that if you put your heart to something... and when I say put your heart to something, I mean, everything; all of your effort, you can do anything. You may not be the best at what you do compared to other people, but be the best you can be (reminds me of the Army.. Be all you can be).
If you are at all a football fan and have not seen this movie, it is a MUST. If you are not a football fan, see this movie! I promise you this is not a football movie, its just a small part of the overall plot. Needless to say... Watch this movie sometime soon!
Overall, I give this movie a 4 out of 5 stars. If you have heard anything about the movie, you probably know how it is going to end, so in that case it is somewhat predictable, but there is a lot that you don't know about the overall movie!
No comments:
Post a Comment