Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Zombieland

On the recommendation of a friend, I rented Zombieland last night and watched it. It was just released on DVD and you can rent it at your local redbox.

Zombieland is a movie about, as you might deduce from the title, Zombies. Now, this isn't your run of the mill zombie movie like 28 Days Later or Dawn of the Dead; it is a comedy that incorporated zombies into the movie. It tells the story of Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson) and Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) as they live in a post zombie invasion of the world and they are 2 of the only "normal" people left. They are traveling across the country to reach their own, separate goals. Along the way, they meet 2 more normal people and they fight back and forth for who is the most dominant group.

I actually enjoyed Zombieland. It is one of those movies that you can sit back and laugh at without having to think through the plot in order to understand it. The characters kept you laughing from the beginning until the end. The plot was somewhat predictable and the zombies, although were made out to look gory, had a bad sense of fakeness to them... but what do you expect from what was probably a low budget, zombie comedy. The acting by the main characters which also included Wichita (Emma Stone) and Little Rock (Abigail Breslin) was pretty good. They had good chemistry and worked well in this movie. There is a nice cameo from an older movie star, but I won't spoil that one for you.

Also, for those of you who are easily scared of zombie and other like things, I can bet you would probably still like this movie. The opening scene is a little gory, but the rest of the movie is pretty funny and there are not many points in the movie that would give you nightmares.

Overall, I give Zombieland and 4 out of 5 stars. It was solid and funny and I wasn't disappointed in the end. Next time you want to watch a funny movie, rent Zombieland.

"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties." 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this movie. I agree with you that it's solely for entertainment purposes. It's definitely original.

    ReplyDelete