I am writing this review a few weeks after seeing Sherlock Holmes, so I will do my best to remember it all.
Sherlock Holmes is based off of the popular self-titled books and follows Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr.) and his partner Dr. Watson (Jude Law) as they try to solve a mystery of how Lord Blackwood (Mark Strong) returned from the grave. As he begins to solve the mystery, he is met with a lot of resistance that stems to the greatest depths of the city.
Sherlock Holmes was an enjoyable movie to watch. There was a lot of "thinking" involved in the movie as you try to solve the mystery before Sherlock does. The film was made very well and kept you watching with multiple plot twists and surprising information.
I did think that the movie was quite long for the story they were telling. I found myself looking at my watch a couple times during the movie to see how long it has been since it started. It seemed like it could have been shortened somewhat and I would have not been disappointed if some of the character development scenes were left out because I don't feel like it added anything special to the movie.
Personally, I think it would have been very difficult for someone to be able to solve the mystery with the amount of information that was initially given to the viewers, but after the flashbacks (while Holmes was solving the case) it made it more evident that what was seen previously, was able to be taken and put together to solve the case. To me, I think the movie would be more enjoyable to watch a second time because you can see reactions of people to certain questions and placement of key items in the movie, now that you know what happens in the end.
I give Sherlock Holmes a 3 stars out of 5. Watch it sometime if you have a chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment