So, today I needed to do laundry because I was running out of clothes. Having never done laundry in the Carib, this proved to be an adventure. (At Saba, there was a place to take your clothes to get cleaned). First, I had to fill up the washing machine with water... using a hose. 5 minutes later it was full of water. Added clothes and laundry detergent. Ran it for 15 minutes then pulled the clothes out of the soapy water and rung them out. Luckily, our washing machine has a spinner included with it (separate device tho), so into the spinner they went. 3 minutes on the spinner and they were nearly dry, but not enough! So, out to the clothesline they go. I can honestly say that I have never hung clothes up on a clothesline to dry before. Guess there is a first time for everything huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment